Victoria’s Lavender – Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
Author: Kelsey Miguel (@not_umamis_cooking)
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 2lbs chicken breast (2 breasts)
- 1.5 C frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/3 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1.5 C potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 C parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2.5 C chicken broth
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Victoria’s Lavender Herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbsp all purpose flour (+extra for puff pastry)
- 1 package frozen puff pastry
- 10 inch cast iron (or medium casserole dish)
- Medium pot
- Liquid measuring cup
- Cutting board
- Wooden spoon
- Cook chicken.
Option 1: Boil chicken breast in a medium sized pot, with four cups of water or until the chicken breast is covered with water. Add 3 garlic cloves and 1 Tbsp of salt. Allow to cook for 20 minutes, and skim off any scum that comes to the top. Remove the chicken breast from broth and allow to cool, then, then shred with hands or forks. Strain and save chicken broth.
Option 2: In your cast iron skillet, heat 2 Tbsp of olive olí over medium heat. Grill chicken until cooked, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool, shred with hands or forks. (This option you will have to buy or make your own chicken broth.
Option 3: You could also buy rotisserie chicken and make this dish even quicker!
- Preheat oven 375F
- In a 10 inch cast iron, sauté onion in 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Add in vegetables and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in flour, salt, herbs, and black pepper, mix until flour coats vegetables.
- Slowly add in chicken broth, ½ C at a time until broth has thickened.
- Add potatoes and shredded chicken. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Top with (thawed and rolled out) puff pastry, cut the pastry along the edges of the pan, and brush with egg wash. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
If you liked this recipe, discover more from Kelsey at www.notumamiscooking.com or on Instagram @not_umamis_cooking.
Limoncello Lavender Spritz
Oh Yumm!!! Making this tomorrow!!! Thanks 🙂
Hi Lisa! There really isn’t anything better than Chicken Pot Pie (such a great comfort food) to start the Fall off right. Hope you enjoy & let us know how it turns out.