Victoria’s Lavender – Lavender Earl Grey Tea Loaf
Author: Kelsey Miguel (@not_umamis_cooking)
Are you looking for something to make for a special occasion like Mother’s Day or Easter? This recipe is for you! It’s a quick and easy prep and is something that your guests haven’t tried before!
Yields: 1 loaf
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Total time: 75 minutes
- 1 C plain yogurt
- ½ C applesauce
- ½ C coconut oil (melted)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ¼ C sugar
- 2 cups All-Purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Victoria’s Lavender Earl Grey Tea
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Medium mixing bowls
- Whisk or electric mixer
- 1 8 ½ x 4 ½ loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 325F and lightly coat the loaf pan with coconut oil or butter and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, earl grey tea). *If the tea leaves are large, crush the tea leaves in a mortar and pestle or with your hands until finely ground.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat eggs and sugar for one minute until mixture is a pale yellow and frothy.
- Mix in vanilla, applesauce, and yogurt to the sugar mixture.
- Slowly mix in coconut oil and whisk until combined.
- Add dry ingredients until batter is smooth and lump free.
- Add into the loaf pan, sprinkle on top with granulated sugar. Tap the pan gently on the counter to remove air bubbles. Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
Limoncello Lavender Spritz